Thursday, June 20, 2013

Muffins, Pancakes and Chips

Yesterday I experimented with two new recipes I found on Pinterest and they both turned out pretty good.

The first one was Bacon, Egg and Cheese "Muffins"
Here's the link to the recipe: http://www.cheeseslave.com/low-carb-bacon-egg-cheese-muffins/ 
I used mozzarella cheese in place of the cheddar because I was out of cheddar and they still turned out fine. I think they would have been better to have the bite of a sharp cheddar though. This recipe calls for coconut flour and I want to add that it doesn't taste like coconut and they're not too sweet. Also, when I make them again I'll leave the salt out of the recipe because they were too salty...you can also use the base recipe and swap out the other ingredients to make different variations (ie. ham/sausage/bacon, veggies, different cheese, herbs, etc.)  


 

The second recipe was Cinnamon Toast Pancakes
Here's the link to the recipe: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/cinnamon-toast-pancakes
I actually didn't put the cinnamon-sugar mixture on top so mine weren't cinnamon toast but the pancake recipe was just as good with strawberry syrup and whip cream on top :)

One other thing I made yesterday were Kale Chips. I baked them in a 300 degree oven for about 20 minutes with olive oil and salt on them. I have lots of kale in my garden so I made 3 sheet trays full and we all love them around here so they go pretty fast! 


Here is the kale before it was baked.


 And here are the chips after - yum!  


What kind of new recipes have you tried lately??


4 comments:

  1. just about to post a new recipe for banana chocolate chip oatmeal cookies *they were awesome!!!*

    thanks for inspiring me to plant some kale. those look yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. quick question, what "bulk" sugar sub do you use for the pancakes? and where do you buy it. trying so hard to elminiate white sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you had kale chips before? I love them! Nutty, crunchy, delish! :) I use coconut palm sugar in place of white sugar. You can buy it online (Amazon) or I get it at a co-op grocery store near Michael's work. They have it at Whole Foods too but it's spendy there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good to know. seth has had kale chips and like them. seem so easy to make. ill look up palm sugar. thanks!

    ReplyDelete